Before I start explaining how to recover files from SD cards, let me just give you a brief introduction about SD cards. Secure Digital(SD) cards are nothing but memory cards used to store data on portable devices such as mobile phones, cameras, video recorders, DSLR cameras, Navigation devices etc. SD cards offer high storage capacity. They are just like any other storage device like hard disks or pen drives, but are much smaller and compact in size. There are three different kinds of SD cards depending on the size, namely,
- Standard SD card
- Mini SD card
- Micro SD card
SD cards have a wide range of storage capacities starting from 512mb, 1gb, 2gb, 4gb, 8gb, 16gb and so on. They have a rating on it(like 16x, 32x) which describes the speed at which data transfer takes place. SD cards are generally used to store photos, videos or other media files. Files from SD cards get deleted or lost due to various reasons such as:
- Improper ejection – While transferring files if the battery drains out or removing the SD card while its in use can corrupt the SD card
- Virus infection– If there is a virus attack on the SD card, it makes the card inaccessible.
- Multiple use of SD card– Using the SD card on multiple devices can sometimes erase the data on it
- Accidental format or deletion– This can happen when user is transferring files from SD card to computer and mistakenly deletes files or formats the SD card
- File system corruption– File system can get corrupted if the SD card is used on many devices and can become inaccessible.
Formatting the SD card again and again may reduce the speed and life span of the SD card. So users should avoid reformatting the SD card. There are many SD card brands like SanDisk, Transcend, HP, Panasonic.
Users can always restore their lost files and folders after performing formatting operation because of any of the above reasons. Its better if users have a backup of their precious data. Though recovering data is pretty simple, backing up of important data helps users from lot of troubles. If users don’t have the backup of files for all the above data loss scenarios, one stop solution is by using memory card recovery softwares. Users will be able to perform SD memory card Recovery using SD card recovery software. This application is very effective in recovering files from cameras, camcorder and other digital devices. It can also recover files from micro SD and mini SD cards which generally are used in mobile phones. This software is compatible with Windows operating system computers running on Windows XP(pro and home edition), Windows 8, Windows 7. It is also compatible with Mac OS computers. Using this utility users can easily recover files from corrupted Micro, Mini and Standard SD card of different brands. To know more about corrupted SD card recovery you can watch the below video tutorial
Steps to follow to Recover the lost files:
- Download the SDHC memory card recovery tool and install it.
- Now connect the SD card to the desktop or laptop using the card reader.
- Once the card is detected by the system, scan the software so that the software detects the card.
- Select “Recover files” option to recover the lost data from SD card.
- Now the software scans the card and displays all the files like image files, video files lost from it.
- Users can select only the files they want from the list and skip the unwanted files.
This software is a powerful memory card recovery software. This software can carry out recovery process of HP SD card, Transcend SD card, SanDisk SD card and many more. Users can recover photo files like PNG, BMP, TIFF, TIF, JPG, GIF and PSD. Apart from this, it can also recover video files like MPEG, RM, 3GP, MOV, AVI and music file formats like MP3, MP4, WAV, MIDI, AIFF, AMR. Other than deleted files, this tool can also retrieve lost photos, videos from SD card due to errors during file transfer, file system corruption, formatting and so on.