There are various ways of using MessageSave for saving Outlook email messages as the individual files outside the Outlook. Either you can run it manually or you can configure MessageSave to save the messages automatically without requiring any action on your part.
- To run MessageSave manually, you can invoke it by clicking the Save Messages button on the Outlook toolbar, ribbon or right-click menu.
- To run MessageSave automatically, configure Mapped Folders and Scheduler on the AutoSave tab of the Advanced Options window.
How to Run MessageSave manually?
Open the MessageSave by clicking on the MessageSave button that is located on the Home tab of the Ribbon in Outlook 2010 and later version, or on the main Outlook toolbar in the older version of Outlook. Upon which you will see a Save Messages window.
- You need to specify whether you want to save the selected messages or all messages in the current folder in the Messages to Save To save a group of messages, highlight them before clicking on MessageSave.
- Now, click Browse option to specify the destination folder.
- Click More >> to specify additional options. This is optional
- Click on Save button now.
Next time when you invoke MessageSave, it remembers the options that you used previously. Therefore, if you are saving with the same settings, then you can just click on Save Now.
MessageSave QuickSave feature allows you to save the messages without opening the Save Messages window. The most appropriate folders for the currently chosen message are shown as QuickSave menu items on the MessageSave drop-down. Click on one of those folders to save the chosen message into it.
You can control how QuickSave folders are chosen in the Destination Preferences Window.
How to save Outlook messages automatically?
MessageSave allows you to map Outlook folders to the file system folders, such that whenever a message is copied or moved to a particular Outlook folder, it will be automatically saved to the corresponding file system folder.
In case you have folders for your projects or clients in Outlook as well as the file system, then you can easily keep them in sync. To configure, follow these steps.
- Open the AutoSave tab of the Advanced options window. (Advanced Options >> AutoSave Tab)
- Click on Configure Folders to open the Mapped Folders window.
- Now, click Add, upon which you will see the Folder Mapping window.
- Then, choose the Outlook folder that you would like to map.
- Now, specify the corresponding destination folder.
- Check Process this folder when Scheduler
- Then, optionally check AutoSave new messages from this folder if you want messages saved as soon as they appear in the folder.
- Click OK now to close the Folder Mapping and Mapped Folders window.
- Back on the AutoSave Tab, click Configure Schedule to set Scheduler interval.
Now, whenever a new message lands in that folder, it will be saved in the folder that you have specified.
If you are using Outlook 2016 version and thinking of giving or selling your old system and purchase a new computer, then you need to move your Outlook to a new computer from old computer. Then only you can give it up or sell your older system. If this is the case, then you can backup emails Outlook 2016 and all other Outlook attributes and transfer to a new system with the help of Migrate Outlook software. Migrate Outlook tool is compatible with all versions of Windows operating system as well as all popular versions of MS Outlook.
How to save new messages automatically using Outlook rules?
You can use Scheduler in combination with Outlook rules to save new messages automatically that match a set of criteria you specify. This works on sent as well as received messages.
- Create an Outlook rule that matches the messages that you would like to save. For creating the rules, pleas ego to the Microsoft’s web page.
- In the “What do you want to do with the message?” step choose “move a copy to the specified folder”.
- Click on the “specified” hyper link in the lower pane to choose a folder.
- Finish creating the rule as usual.
Now, Configure MessageSave Scheduler to run on the folder you specified above to automatically save all messages that land in it