The external USB drive is a portable storage media, which can be connected to computer USB port. Like all other storage devices, it can hold any type of data such as audio files, videos, images, and documents. It is used by most of the computer user since it comes in huge storage capacity up to 20 TB, higher file transfer speed and easily it can be carried from one place to another. It makes possible to reach your important files anytime when needed.
Files accidentally deleted from external USB drive will be permanently erased, since it doesn’t contain any space like Recycle Bin or Trash, which can be used to temporary hold accidentally deleted files. So, if external USB drive is not used properly, then you might face some situation when important files may get erased from your USB drive. And if it is urgently required then you will surely get tensed. But, getting stressed is not the solution. Feel free, since it is not a big task to recover deleted files from the external USB drive. It can be easily retrieved with the help of the reliable utility named as Undelete USB. This is the most recommended tool for recovering deleted files from external USB drive in just a few clicks. And by performing simple steps, you will be able to access all your deleted files.
Some causes for deletion of files from external USB drive
- Accidental deletion: If it is a Windows hard disk, then accidentally deleted the file will be simply moved to the Recycle Bin, which allows you to restore the deleted files in the previous location. But in case of external USB drive, there is no such Recycle Bin or Trash to hold accidentally deleted files. So the deleted files will be permanently get erased from the external USB drive.
- Abrupt ejection of external USB device: Since external USB drive is a portable storage media and easily connected to computer USB port, it is commonly used to move files from one system to another system. So while moving files from USB drive to the computer or vice versa, if it is abruptly disconnected then some or all the files might get deleted from its storage.
- Virus infection: As external USB device can be used in any computer. So, unknowingly sometimes you may connect your USB device to the virus affected computer. In such case, the file may get deleted or it may be missing from storage.
Advanced features of Undelete USB tool
- The tool easily scans the entire drive to recover deleted files from the external USB drive.
- All types of files (audios, videos, images, document) can be retrieved using this utility.
- Recovers both Generic and RAW file format like PNG, JPG, PSD, AVI, MOV, SR2, SRW, CR2, KDC, DNG etc.
- Ability to recover deleted files from NTFS, NTFS5, HFS+, HFSX, FAT 16, FAT 32, and extFAT file system.
- Recover deleted files from external USB drive even it is formatted or re-formatted.
- It also recovers a file deleted from other storage devices like SD card, xD card, memory stick, camcorder etc.
- Recovered files can be compressed to store more files on the storage device.
- Having preview option in the demo version of this special tool, which helps the user to analyze the quality of the recovered files.
- The recovered files can be sorted on the basis of the file name, date of the creation of file, size and extension of the file.